Stylish Things...

I have special treat for you today. 
It's not a card, it's not even a box.
I ordered a boat load of felt flowers from 
STYLISH pins with them. 
I wear one on my shirt, real original, right!? But you could pin one to your bag or purse. I will show you how I made the leaves and the butterfly from a flower.
Here I used the Flower #6 set in Navy Blue Felt.
I coiled up some green yarn, added some twine and
stitched it all together with a button.
For the leaves, I cut away two petals from
a medium Flower #6 (in Olive Felt) and hot glued
the petals and the pin to the back of the flowers.
These pins were FREE,
they were headed for the trash at my old job.
That was well over 4 yrs ago but I knew
I'd find a good use for them! ;)
Next is the butterfly pin made from  
Orange Spice Felt flowers.
Isn't it DARLING!?
This time I simply cut off one petal, layered two sizes onto one another with hot glue, a button and a little sprig of fancy wire. Too easy! Just be careful with the hot glue gun, it gets supa, supa HOT! ;)
So, there you have it, 
a little trio of cuties to keep or share 
with your most stylish friends!
 . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .  . . . .  . . .. . . . 
I made way more than three, BTW.
 
I ordered some extra felt sheets from Creative Cuts & More in all the same colors I ordered the flowers in... Navy Blue, Olive, Fuchsia, Orange Spice and cut even more flowers and butterflies with my own dies.

 
I love how these rose topped butterflies turned out. I think the colors SHINE together and it was fun using a paper flower technique with felt and a hot glue gun!

 
 . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .  . . . .  . . .. . . .  
So what Stylish Things are you working on these days? I'd love to hear what you are doing with your die cuts that are a little unexpected. Leave us a link so we can check it out.
 . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .  . . . .  . . .. . . .  

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

sunghee said...

oh wow~ so pretty!!! I especially like the last one. Gotta try to make them. LOVE IT!!!

Ann said...

OMG, these are SO cute! Love that butterfly!

Anonymous said...

I love them and I would totally wear them, well done Steph;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails