Sew Saturday: Divided Basket for Baby

I really enjoy making baby gifts.
I used noodlehead's Divided Basket tutorial.
It's unique in the fact that you'll learn how to make two sections in the lining of the basket. I used Pellon Craft Bond for the lining interfacing and Fusible Fleece for the outer fabric. The basket is sturdy ....and stunning, IMHO. The lining fabrics are from JoAnns and the outer home dec fabric was found at a fabric depot in Williamsport, PA. The bias tape was a freebie from an Etsy shop order. I love how the fabrics work together. The pocket on the front has three sections. Great for diaper cream, mommy's lip balm, etc. Needless to say, it was hard to give up this pretty little gender neutral basket. However, I know it will be very useful. It's great to have diapers and wipes handy when you're not in the baby room or you could keep it in the car. We keep ours in the living room since our baby's room is on another floor. I'll share that one soon too.











By the way, you can make your very own Build-a-Rag Doll (like the one in the basket) with metal cutting dies from Clear & Simple Stamps. When you order it comes with a full How-to Tutorial that I wrote. Base Dies, Girl Dies, Boy Dies.

xo steph

Linking up with SewCanShe.

2 comments:

Quilting Stories said...

So cute and practical! Also I love the fabric. Greetings from Greece!

Jo said...

Its lovely! Keep meaning to have a go at this one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails