40th Birthday Invite

Today is my Husband's 40th Birthday. I made invitations for a Roast-or-Toast get together. We have the choice to either ROAST the old fart or TOAST to the next 40 years.
I know our friends will enjoy the chance to ROAST a good friend!

My husband is a SUPER FAN of football {he thinks he's the coach} so I made the background of the invitation look like a football field and, of course, there is no better line than the 40 yard line! This die is from Clear & Simple Stamps, TRI-FOLD DIE 1.

I used several stamp sets from Clear & Simple Stamps, too. The 40 yard lines were made with CREATE-A-PLAID background builder and the numbers are from ALPHA BOLD.

I used the 'Please join us for a' sentiment that's in the new set called BABY SENTIMENTS. These fun Thickers are from American Crafts. I decided to stamp the word 'OR' with my favorite stamp set, BITTY ALPHA MODERN, also from CSS. I like the way the Thickers and stamps look together.
I had to break out my two CSS football sets as well to help shape this invite: MVP and FOOTBALL. I used Copic markers W1, W2, W3 to color this whistle. I like the scribbled look. By blending the colors with one another it makes it almost look like watercolors. Very cool!
Let's open this bad boy up....

Inside. Below I briefly show you how I cut the die twice and attached one TRI-FOLD to the other to create a flap for a photo.
 I attached the gray die cut to the center of the main die cut and cut off the excess.


 I used as many stamps as I could!! I so LOVE stamping!!

I found the perfect photo for this invite. At 10 years old, he is wearing the same type of shirt he wears today... a Steelers shirt! Plus, my husband shoots guns for a living and here he is sporting a toy gun! Too funny!

I attached this elastic cord with just one staple and covered up the staple on the front by attaching the cut out whistle right over it! This took some fore-thought but I love the 3-D look and feel of the elastic cord.

 Now, flip open the gray die cut to reveal the Date, Time and Place. I used a sentiment from a set called PARTY ELEMENTS BABY to announce the occasion. I think it's funny to word it like this... we're happy to announce....

 I totally dig the funky look of the TIME, DATE, PLACE etc. It's Grungy and Modern to me. I used a couple stamps from an SU! set called Extreme Elements to help make this grungy- dude like- look. You dig?

Here's a view of the outside opened up. I love the 40 yard lines and the colors. It's made from chipboard! Cool right?!

And the back. A simple 'thank you' from BABY SENTIMENTS. I decided to date the back for a great keepsake feature. I will certainly scrapbook this invite!

And the front again. I am so looking forward to roasting my OLDER husband tonight with our friends. Happy Birthday to all and to all a good night. ;)


Thanks for stopping by,
steph

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails